Friday 15 October 2010

What an honour!

I'm going to try and post a short video (I hope it works!) because I would just love you to share with me a very special afternoon at the school yesterday. Yes, there was definitely something afoot, and all was revealed when the students performed some traditional as well as more modern dances for me. It was really lovely and I enjoyed every minute, although was somewhat embarrassed as it made me feel like a very special person!
oops.........video is taking too long to upload, so here is a pic instead. I'll try the video again when I'm back in UK.


My gift to the school was rather difficult as it was not easy finding the things to buy. However I did manage to get some educational toys for the creche. Here is the presentation picture.........


Well, today I have had a send off from the Richbone office staff as well, and I am showered with the most fantastic gifts! We had a feast of fried chicken and fish (my favourite) and are now heading off to the beach for the afternoon. My last day has come round rather suddenly, and I am surprised that I feel so sad to be leaving my new found friends here in Ghana. I hope they feel that my 2 weeks work has been worth it!



2 comments:

  1. we miss you so much Mary and hope to see you some time soon in Ghana for your next Adventure

    ReplyDelete