Monday 11 October 2010

an experience not to be forgotten

This is Florence, Joyce, Christian and Ama. I was slightly apprehensive about this trip (partly because of my tummy trouble!) and thought the whole experience was going to be a disaster when the taxi broke down on the way! We waited ages for another one, but no-one worries if you are late in Ghana - it's Ghana time here! People seemed to drop in and out of the service anyway, which you might expect given that it lasts all morning, so no-one raised an eyebrow when we arrived late. Until of course, Madam Florence seized the mike and proceeded to announce to all that she had an English lady staying for 2 weeks, and would they welcome me. Which of course they did, most warmly, and the next thing I knew I was out in front giving a little address. Don't worry, I was discrete about my own beliefs and philosophy on life!
The morning was a hot and noisy affair, ending in something similar to the conga, but an experience not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment